The graph highlights the energy cost benefits of a Clayton Equipment battery powered shunter in comparison to its diesel counterpart over a thirty-year lifetime.
Savings are greater than 50%. The lower energy costs come through recharging from mains not diesel.
Additional benefits of a Clayton Equipment battery shunter are:
– Zero emissions, maximum CO2 reduction
– Increased performance and haulage capacity
– Low noise, increasingly important near residential areas & for 24/7 operations
– Regenerative braking, resulting in reduced brake wear & reduced charging times
– Option of on-board hybrid or depot-based battery charging
*Graph based on 345 days/year on a 420 kWh/130 litres per day use