METRO & MAINLINE
Clayton Equipment’s larger Battery, Diesel and Diesel-Electric locomotives, are market leading products, developed for Metro maintenance, depot shunting and haulage applications. Easily adapted for smaller underground gauges and steep gradients (up to 1:15 permitted, with 1:25 typical).
LOCOMOTIVES FOR METRO SYSTEMS AND DEPOTS
Clayton Equipment’s range of locomotives are designed and developed to match the operations you need.
With the ability to supply locomotives up to 90 tonnes, innovative solutions include:
- Battery locomotives that can also operate on 3rd and 4th rail traction
- Battery locomotives for use near built up areas as they are emission free and low noise
- Battery locomotives for use in the underground Metro
- Battery locomotives with integral battery charging
- Battery-Diesel hybrids for underground and surface operations
- Diesel locomotives with the latest Stage V emission compliance
Diesel, Battery, Diesel-Electric and hybrid; we have the solution for you
Metro systems, such as London Underground, have restricted gauges. With Clayton Equipment’s experience, we can supply compact solutions to meet compliance.
- High haulage capabilities of up to 2,500 tonnes
- Maintenance free solutions
- Lowest cost with high reliability