Train Shunters/Switchers & Locomotives
Clayton Equipment’s larger Battery, Diesel and Diesel-Electric shunters / switchers locomotives, are market leading products, developed for Metro maintenance, depot shunting and haulage applications. Easily adapted for smaller underground gauges and steep gradients (up to 1:15 permitted, with 1:25 typical).
Cut carbon emissions by keeping on track with Clayton Equipment rail shunters / switchers & locomotives
RAIL SHUNTERS / SWITCHERS & LOCOMOTIVES FOR METRO MAINLINE AND DEPOTS
Clayton Equipment’s range of metro, mainline and shunter locomotives are designed and developed to match the operations you need.
With the ability to supply locomotives up to 150 tonnes, innovative solutions include:
- Battery locomotives that can also operate on 3rd and 4th rail traction
- Battery locomotives for use near built up areas as they are emission free and low noise
- Battery locomotives for use in the underground Metro
- Battery locomotives with integral battery charging
- Battery-Diesel hybrids for underground and surface operations
- Diesel locomotives with the latest Stage V emission compliance
Diesel, Battery, Diesel-Electric and hybrid; we have the solution for you
Metro systems, such as London Underground and NYCT, have restricted gauges.
With Clayton Equipment’s experience, we can supply compact solutions to meet compliance.
- High haulage capabilities of up to 2,500 tonnes
- Maintenance free solutions
- Lowest cost with high reliability
Finance and Leasing options available