The Government has published its long-awaited transport decarbonisation plan which puts the UK on course to decarbonise all models of transport including railway by 2050. Clayton Equipment has the potential to transform the railway making journeys cleaner and greener by cutting CO2 emissions even further with our zero emission locomotives.
Our battery locomotives offer significant benefits-
- Zero emissions
- Maximum CO2 reduction, no fumes inside workshops
- Low noise, increasingly important near residential areas and for 24/7 operations
- Lowest operational and maintenance costs
- Regenerative braking, , resulting in reduced brake wear and recharging times
- Operational on-board or depot-based battery charging
With the Government intention to create a net zero rail network by 2050, Clayton Equipment is well positioned to work with the industry to meet this target.