First week back and before we look forward toward another year of growth, a review of last year’s major highlights to demonstrate how successful we were in 2022 here at Clayton Equipment.
– 12 new team members of staff appointed
– Delivered 8 emission free, Class 18 hybrid+ CBD90 locomotives to Beacon Rail Leasing.
– Delivery of 2, 10t trolley locomotives for a mine in Peru. Both fitted with an overhead line trolley pole and pantograph.
– Appointment of new Operations Director, Gareth Jenkins.
– Supported National Apprentice Week with the appointment of a new Apprentice
– Hosted a visit of the members of Lichfield Science & Engineering Society
– Delivered 2 hybrid battery trolley CBT30 emission free mining locomotives to an Eastern European customer.
– Secured the appointment to design, build and supply Bure Valley Railway with a new CB12 battery Co-Co locomotive to complement their current fleet.
-Seven Clayton 40t, low emission, diesel locomotives used in the Crossrail project on the London Underground contributing to the opening of the Elizabeth Line.
– Featured on National Television, Train Truckers and Countryfile programmes.
– Added the benefits of IoT Telematics, LocoWatch TM as standard to all suitable locomotives.
–Secured contract to supply fleet of 12 hybrid locomotives to Shougang Group, parent company for mining operation at Macheng Mine in China.
–Commissioned a CB4 emission free, mining locomotive for a customer in Morocco
-And much more in the pipeline.
The highlights of 2022 show the confidence and willingness Clayton has to invest in the future to enhance our reputation as a global supplier of specialised locomotives.
In 2023 we are in line for another big year building on success, recruiting more staff, exploring options to expand to ensure we continue at the forefront of British locomotive manufacturing.