The Power of Less
Introducing future ready Clayton Equipment CB45 Locomotive
Based on proven design, the CB45 is a 45 tonne 2 axle 0-4-0 locomotive. It is a battery only, 100% emission free locomotive with centre cab, designed to provide customers with many of the benefits of a locomotive twice the size.
The low emission, low noise, low operating and maintenance cost locomotive combines increased performance and haulage capacity with improved safety features.
The CB45 locomotive is self-contained with onboard chargers, where battery charging is undertaken from a 3-phase supply, providing 100% maximum emission free solutions.
Fitted with a large battery and using regenerative braking to return energy back to the battery, the CB45 is capable of long-range use without recharging.
- Battery only – 100% emission free
- Range up to 450Km unladen & 16km with 1,200t
- Tractive Effort up to 180kN
- Haulage up to 3,000t (coupler limited)
- Zero emission
- Low noise
Improved safety including:
- Limited with overspeed protection
- Deadman’s vigilance device
- Remote control
- Failsafe braking
- Better line of sight
- Better driver’s cab environment
- Remote diagnostics (loT)